Thursday, February 19, 2009

So after getting inspired by the various blogs on blogspot.com and also a desire to be like Carrie Bradshaw of 'Sex and the City', I finally decided to start a blog of my own.The first thing was to think what i want to start writing about.I thought of various topics but the most obvious choice to start with was my newly acquired 'Married' status.I am sure a lot of single people are extremely afraid of the idea of marriage, i too was! Trust me i was not sure of getting married even on my wedding day! No one ever is! I am not going to preach anyone about the positives or negatives of being married but its worth giving a shot at the right time(read as when one feels the need of settling down).This blog will be about how i view the world around me,my life and my candid opinions on various issues of importance { importance to me :) }

4:22 p.m

I am at the Arlington store sitting in the back room which is now my work space. I don't want to even describe how it looks like because I am sure i will not be able to find a word in the dictionary to state how awfully messy the backroom is! All varieties of mobile phones,chargers,batteries,cases,trash..yes you read that correct variety of trash including general,discarded phone,wires,mails etc. etc. I have realized though that its difficult to maintain cleanliness in the backroom because so many shipments come everyday and the boxes keep getting collected and then we have a few lazy ass employees who don't want to even try cleaning it.So the reason i am sitting here is i am trying to understand the challenging and highly competitive wireless business which i feel is a lot more arduous for a creative person like me.Iam a total fashion person who loves to dress up in the best brands,wants only diamonds for jewellery,wears only branded shades,knows how to
do the right make up and thinks that french manicure is classy! and here I am stuck in a place where Iam surrounded by eeewww electronic stuff.Well understanding the business is not the only thing that's challenging in my life,trying to learn the American ways too is a pain.It was way too easy to live in India where one has the luxury of domestic help and an atmosphere which feels like your own.


10:34 p.m

I am sitting in my room feeling nostalgic.Being married,staying away from family and friends in a new country is a little too much to handle.I have surpassed all the limits of being emotionally stable.Essentially, i miss 'my before marriage daily routine' which practically had everything that i would have loved to do for the rest of my life! Eating out,chilling with friends,sleeping late, waking up even later,shopping,going to the movies..almost everything! But i have also learnt to flawlessly handle the changes that life throws at me and i am proud of myself.So now i wake up to a beautiful morning everyday wondering what life has new in store for me.

3 comments:

  1. this is a plesant surprise,it's really well written,glad to know how u r cherishing life's precious moments and humorously mocking those unavoidable problems.you've really turned out to be a good person,god bless u always,keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement Munmun.I hope you like my future posts too.

    ReplyDelete