Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I fell in love with a Vampire


Last week was the usual office - home routine and had nothing that could excite me.I basically belong to that set of people who seek any kind of exhilaration to live life everyday.Not that i demand a great deal, tiny little things bring me to life and one out of those kicks subsumes watching movies.So on one of those cold lazy evenings before catching some Z's,i saw a movie which i wanted to see since ages.Though it makes me wonder as to why i was craving to watch this movie because the ratings of the movie were so-so also the verbal reviews were not inspiring enough.Nonetheless,i went ahead to satisfy my want to see 'Twilight'.It was a regular Hollywood flick with a character which made me go weak in the knees.Edward Cullen is a Vampire to die for.His character is unreal for today's world where 'Love' has lost its true meaning or i shall say doesn't exist or even if it exists then its lost somewhere amidst the practical ways of life.People who still believe in this sacred feeling and have seen this movie will concur with what I am trying to say here.For me God and Love share the same pedestal of respect in my heart and i have always wanted to have a man like Edward Cullen who could love me the way he loves Bella in the movie.Apart from the strikingly good looks what attracted me the most was the child like innocence in his feelings towards the girl and him being instinctively protective of his Ladylove and how he overcomes his natural thirst for human blood.The way i have inferred 'LOVE' is surreal, parallel to the pragmatic world,where two souls discover a path to ultimately become One.Edward Cullen has once again strengthened my belief in the kind of Love i have had my faith in, all my life.My ideas will give people a chance to have a good laugh but this is something i shall believe in forever.

2 comments:

  1. it's true every girl deserves to loved and to be treated like a princess, every girl must have an edward cullen in her life but the irony is that , we wish for a knight in shining armor and what we get is corporate suit man with his briefcase, the romance of shakespeare seems to be dead and every bit of romance for men is too gay.do men like edward cullen exist?

    i hope ur faith in love lasts sis , it's just that everything around is so practical and realistic.hope the next one comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree sis..Men like Edward don't exist or even if they exist ..Relationship between a man and a woman is such a complicated thing that it can never be same all life.
    But this is something i desire for and always will.. to find a person who loves you unconditionally and see the same passion and care in his eyes even after years of togetherness.

    ReplyDelete